Since childhood our parents have encouraged us to eat this delicious fruit, which is rich in potassium. However, it has been proven that some of the nutrients in this food can help prevent aging and eliminate wrinkles and spots on the skin.
We’ve all had a special taste for this delicious fruit, but in reality this fruit seems to have a powerful combination of nutrients beneficial to our skin. But as we mentioned before, in the banana we find besides Vitamin E. Some important nutrients such as beta-carotene which is a pigment present in nature that is part of the Ceratoids.
These types of nutrients are important in the skin because they help the production of vitamin A, which is quite important in the creation of Collagen thus helping to maintain smooth, soft and healthy skin.
Banana also has the ability to be a powerful antioxidant which would allow an effective treatment against skin problems from dark circles to annoying acne.
1. A powerful anti-wrinkle and anti-aging effect
Bananas are usually referred to as natural Botox because they have a strong concentration of vitamin E. It should be mentioned that this vitamin compound plays a valuable role in the regeneration of skin cells, as well as having an antioxidant role that is beneficial in helping to keep our skin radiant.
To help you get the most out of this fruit, we recommend the following beauty recipe:
- Put a banana peel on your face for 30 minutes or leave it overnight.
- After 30 minutes, wash and moisturize your face.
- Repeat that process twice a week.
2. Tooth Whitener
One of the nutrients that have a greater presence in the banana is potassium. Which is a favorable component for the elimination of yellow stains that are the product of consuming drinks such as coffee or certain foods. But in addition to this, bananas also contain salicylic acid that helps to naturally fight tartar from the teeth and by having a whitening effect, its regular use can help give a white appearance to your teeth.
Practice these habits to get your teeth white:
- Brush and rinse your teeth.
- Then take a banana peel and rub it for about 3 minutes on your teeth.
- Rinse your teeth again by brushing with a gentle motion for a greater effect
- Repeat this habit every day and you will see the benefits in a couple of weeks.
3. Effective treatment against Acne
One of the best benefits of eating bananas is that they supply our bodies with important vitamins such as Vitamin C, Vitamin E and other nutrients such as Iron and Manganese. The interesting thing about these nutrients is that they have the ability to help reduce inflation as well as help fight the internal metabolism that is often responsible for acne.
Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant and has antiseptic benefits. This is very favorable for a large number of people who suffer from acne, caused by the accumulation of pathogens that generate the annoying acne.
We recommend this trick so you can get the most out of it and eliminate that uncomfortable acne:
- Take a banana, remove the peel and rub it gently over your face for 5-10 minutes.
- Then wash your skin with neutral soap
- Repeat this process twice a day for 3 weeks.
4. Make the dark spots disappear
This is one of the problems that concern female beauty and is that those dark spots that appear as a result of breastfeeding, environmental factors among others are quite annoying.
However, several independent studies have concluded that the high levels of potassium and nutrients that work as antioxidants, can help eliminate scars, allowing a lighter skin tone that would ultimately help eliminate the annoying dark spots.
Make this trick so you can get rid of those uncomfortable spots:
- Wash your face every morning with plenty of water and you can accompany the cleaning with neutral soap. Then rub a banana peel for 15 minutes on your face area where you have those uncomfortable dark spots.
- Then wash your face again and dry it with a damp cloth.
- Repeat the process every day for 4 weeks and you will soon start to see positive results on your skin.
5. Effectively moisturize your skin
It is interesting to know that potassium has an incredible potential in protecting cells just like sodium. In that sense it is worth mentioning that potassium has an important role in the hydration of cells helping them to have a positive metabolism, potassium also has the power to hydrate the skin.
Meet this simple natural and homemade treatment that can help you have a cleaner, smoother and more refreshing skin based on banana peels:
- Take a bowl and then with a fork mash a green banana by removing the peel.
- Apply to the face for about 15 minutes.
- Wash your face with plenty of water.
- Repeat this process every day for 15 days to see effective results.